1st Youth Rapid Chess Tournament “Chess Rising Stars 2019 “
The 1st Youth Rapid Chess Tournament “Chess Rising Stars 2019” will be organized by the Chess Stars Club and is to be held on Sunday 29 September at the Cultural Centre “Edward Steichen” in Roeser. Participation in the tournament is only allowed to players born after 1/1/2005.
- ORGANIZER: Chess Stars Roeser
- VENUE: Cultural Centre “Edward Steichen”. 2 Rue de Bettembourg, 3324 Bivange, Luxembourg.
- PLAYING SYSTEM: 5 rounds Swiss system without FIDE rating. Two groups according to dates of birth of the players. GROUP U14 : after 1/1/2005. GROUP U10 : after 1/1/2009. All FIDE regulations apply.
- TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Alex Sorras
- CHIEF ARBITER: F.A. Nikos Komninos
- TIMETABLE: Sunday 29 September
- Confirmation of Registrations: from 13H15 to 13H45
- 1st round: 14H00
- 2nd round: 14H50
- 3rd round: 15H40
- 4th round: 16H30
- 5th round: 17H20
- Closing Ceremony: 18H00
- TIME CONTROL: 15 minutes/player
- TIE-BREAKS: To resolve possible tie-breaks the following criteria will be applied: a) The results of the tied players with each other (only if all tied players have played with each other), b) Buchholz, c) Sonneborn-Berger, d) Arranz.
- ENTRY FEE: The entry in the tournament is FREE OF CHARGE
- PRIZES: Medals will be given to the TOP-3 of the following categories:
- U08, U10, U12 and U14
- REGISTRATION: The participants must fill out the Registration Form by September 27th 20H00 at the latest so that they will be able to participate in the 1st round draw.
- PARTICIPANT LIMIT: Up to 70 participants.
- PAIRINGS-RESULTS: The tournament will be covered by chess-stars.lu
The Tournament Director is responsible for decisions on any matter not covered by these regulations. The organizers have the right to make changes in the schedule and the prizes in order to make improvements.